This is my favorite lip balm recipe. You can make it basic or make any changes your wish.
• 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil or other oil (like here)
• 2 teaspoons grated beeswax (you can use a pure beeswax candle for this)
• 1 Vitamin E capsule (400 IU) or 1/4 teaspoon oil • essential oil or variations (opt.) (see below)
Place the oil and wax in a heatproof cup (such as a heavy glass measuring cup.) Poke a hole in the Vitamin E capsule and squeeze its liquid into the oil and wax mixture. Place the heatproof cup in a pot of water on the stove and heat on low just until the wax melts.
I like to use this electric candle warmer. It’s easy and a small glass measuring cup works great, but it does melt a little slower.
Remove immediately from heat. Pour the liquid into a small screw-cap jar or lip balm jar or tube. Allow to cool (it will solidify) before using.
If you want a softer balm, add a few drops of oil. To make harder, add a few little beeswax. Test by dipping a cold spoon in the hot mixture.
- substitute any carrier oil for almond oil (such as olive, avocado, aloe, coconut, argon, etc.) (like here)
- substitute 1 teaspoon shea butter for 1 teaspoon of the beeswax (will be softer)
- add 1/2 teaspoon vegetable glycerin for extra moisture (like here)
- add a few drops castor oil for more shine (like here)
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil to soothe irritation
- 2 drops Peppermint essential oil for a natural tingly freshness
- 2 drops of Vanilla essential oil for a yummy, sweet scent
- 2 drops essential oil of choice
Not up to making your own, then purchase mine here
Please check out these products. This is how my site is funded, so I can continue to share my recipes and knowledge with you. Thanks!