Lovely rose essences do far more than just add their light scent to your products. This fragrant flower helps rejuvenate and replenish skin. Discover how this lush blossom can make your skin feel as velvety soft as a bed of roses.
Roses provide these benefits for your skin:
- Antibacterial – help treat acne and other skin problems. Use as a face wash and cleansers.
- Anti-inflammatory – help reduce swollen spots or redness on your skin. Its calming properties can also help sooth rosecea and eczema. Use a a calming face mask.
- Antioxidant – contains high amounts of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. This important vitamin can help protect skin cells from damage, such as from staying out in the sun too long.
- Moisturizing – natural oils found in roses help lock moisture into the skin, keeping skin feeling smooth. Rose is especially beneficial for those with sensitive skin.
- Fragrant – its delicate aroma has a lovely natural fragrance.
- Relaxing – used aromatically, rose calms and soothes the mind. Rose petals are a staple in Ayurvedic medicine to detoxify and calm. While this characteristic doesn’t directly add beauty benefits, it sure makes that rose-scented lotion or cream an extra pleasant experience.
- Toning – a natural astringent, rose helps tighten pores and restore suppleness for a glowing complexion. Unlike conventional alcohol-based toners, rose leaves skin feeling smooth, not dried out.
- Spots – helps to lighten brown spots due to sun or age.
Steps To Beautiful Skin
Calming Face Mask
Simply soak 8 fresh petals or 1/8 cup dried petals in 3-4 tablespoons of water for 2-3 hours. Then mash the petals into the water and add 3 tablespoons of honey. Mix well, and apply to entire face. Leave on for 15-30 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
Fresh Face Mask
Mix together one teaspoon of honey, 6-8 rose fresh petals or 1/4 cup dried petals, two teaspoons rose water and one teaspoon plain yogurt; stir till you have a smooth paste. Apply this on your face and neck and wait for 10-15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Measure 1/2 fresh petals or 1/4 cup dried petals into a saucepan. Pour in 1 1/2 cups water, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to lowest setting that still allows the water to simmer. Simmer until color of rose petals has faded, abut 5-10 minutes. Leave lid on and cool completely. Pour water and petals through a cheesecloth into your bottle choice. Store in refrigerator for several weeks or on the counter for up to one week. Can use a a spray for your face, or as a cleanser using a cotton ball. You can add a few drops of lavender essential oil for even more healing benefits.
Rose Facial Toners
For dry skin – 3 cups of rose water, 3/4 cup alcohol-free witch hazel, 10 drops rose essential oil, 10 drops glycerine. Store your toner in a glass bottle in the refrigerator and use daily after cleansing your face.
For normal or oily skin – 3 cups of rose water, 1 cup alcohol-free witch hazel, and 10 drops rose essential oil. Store your toner in a glass bottle in the refrigerator and use daily after cleansing your face.
This toners can be stored on your bathroom counter, but due to the water, use within one week.
UPDATE: I infused my dried rose petals in witch hazel extract for two weeks and used it directly on my face after cleansing. I love it! It is so cooling and calming to my summer face (I walk outside in my garden everyday).
Fill a quart mason jar half full of dried petals, and fill the jar with witch hazel extract leaving a one inch head space. The petals will swell and you may need to add more witch hazel. Shake everyday for two weeks or more. Remove flowers and enjoy! I don’t refrigerate it, but you can for even more cooling effect. You’ll love it too!
Rose Petal and Sweet Almond Moisturizer Oil
Crush 1 cup fresh petal or 1/2 cup dried petals in a jar with a wooden spoon. Pour 1 cup sweet almond oil (rich in vitamins E and D) in a jar. Let the mixture sit for 1 week, then strain and use. This feels so good right out of the shower and smells delish! Yes, please use as a body oil too! But, we’re talking about our face…This is a wonderful oil for your face after you cleanse and tone.
Rose Renewing Moisturizer
Pour 2 cups of rose water (above) in a small mixing bowl. Then break 2 vitamin E capsules and squeeze their contents into the bowl. Add 4 teaspoons each of olive oil or other carrier oil, honey, and coconut oil. Mix well and transfer to a container that has a lid. Refrigerate when not in use. If storing on bathroom counter, take a tablespoon at a time out of the refrigerator and place in a small closed container for freshness. Yummy!